A Skilled Family Law Attorney Serves Madison-Area Clients
Providing effective representation for 15 years
At the Higgins Law Office, in Middleton, I offer individuals and families throughout Wisconsin counties cost-effective representation in the areas of divorce and family law, including do-it-yourself divorce, paternity, and child custody and support cases. I provide my clients with clear communication, legal strategy choices, and personal attention as we find solutions to the most complex family law and divorce problems.
Serving clients with a wide range of divorce and family law issues
For 15 years, I have represented clients coping with the stressful and frustrating nature of divorce and family law. Through effective counsel and personal attention to each client, Higgins Law Office assists clients with a broad range of legal problems including:
- Divorce — Wisconsin is a no-fault state, which means that when you file for divorce, you allege that the marriage is irretrievably broken. It only takes one person to allege irretrievable breakdown and the court will allow the divorce. Whether your divorce process goes through mediation or litigation, I will craft a plan of representation to fit your specific needs and your budget.
- Child custody and placement — Your child deserves to grow up in a happy and healthy environment, and I make sure that your child custody and placement agreement maximizes your time with your children.
- Child support — Our firm helps ensure that your child support payments are fair for you under the child-support guidelines. If necessary after your divorce, I can go back into court and obtain a payment modification order if your income changes.
- Division of assets and spousal maintenance — I will obtain an alimony, or spousal maintenance, agreement or court order that is reasonable under Wisconsin law and guide you through the complex law of property valuation and division.
- Do-it-yourself divorce — If you and your spouse opt for a do-it-yourself divorce, I provide counsel to ensure you do not make a mistake that will cost you thousands down the road.
- Restraining orders — If you have been the victim of domestic violence, I will look out for your safety by filing the proper restraining orders against an abusive spouse or family member. I have also successfully defended many clients who have been unfairly accused and served with a restraining order.
I understand how emotionally difficult divorce and family law cases can be. That’s why I provide representation that is both thorough and considerate, always putting your needs first. Higgins Law office is the firm of Attorney Michael Higgins and I have the experience and knowledge necessary to provide you with strategies that work and the personal attention you need while navigating such a difficult part of your life.
Contact Higgins Law Office for effective representation today
For a free consultation on your divorce or family law case from the Higgins Law Office, call me at 608-218-3749 or contact us online today and get the personal attention you deserve. My office is located in Middleton, right next door to the Middleton Post Office. Night and weekend appointments are also available upon request.